Because the AHSR is a not for profit, all proceeds associated with adoption go right back into the rescue. These funds are used for the following purposes:
- Veterinary expenses: Many of the dogs (and mothers of puppies) come with issues from the pounds, breeders, etc. that they have been rescued from. Often, due to long-term neglect or abuse, these expenses can run into the $1,000’s of dollars for a single dog. In addition, all new dogs brought to the rescue are immediately vetted to ensure the entire group within the rescue remains healthy and happy.
- Transportation costs: Most of the AHSR fur family come from breeders as far away as Missouri, Tennessee, and Wisconsin. With fuel expenses on the rise, a significant portion of the rescues expenses are related to picking up and transporting the dogs to their forever home.
- Supplies: Not only is food an ongoing expense for a rescue, but there are expenses associated with dogs to keep them healthy and happy. For puppies, this includes puppy safe play pens, toys, and potty training pads. For older dogs, this might include transportation crates, bedding and grooming related expenses.
We welcome donations to the rescue to help defray these expenses and help keep these special fur friends healthy and happy as they find their way to a forever home. All donations are tax deductible and donation receipts are available upon request. Our primary donation vehicle is the PayPal Giving Fund:
We also accept donations at https://paypal.me/ahsrindy and via Venmo: @ahsrindy
Please take a look at these other great ways to support our rescue.
Kroger Community Rewards
Have a Kroger Plus card? You can link it to our rescue and Kroger will donate a percentage of your grocery purchases to us! All of the benefits of your Plus card remain the same, so this is another great way to support or rescue without costing you anything at all. Please click the image below to learn more or register, and see the detailed instructions below if you need help.
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available for free at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register.
- If you do not already have an account, click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering your zip code, clicking on your favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter our non-profit organization number (KH066) or our name, select us from the list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- Do you use your phone number at the register and do not know your Kroger Plus card number? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- You must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Chewy is the ultimate online retailer for all of your pet needs, giving you access to hundreds of brands of food, treats, toys, meds, and more! The best part though? They will donate to our rescue when you become a new customer using the image below!
Indiana Pet Friendly License Plate
Did you know that the Indiana Pet Friendly License Plate program helps Indiana rescues like AHSR by providing discounts for spay and neuter services? Upgrade your boring standard license plate to one of these cute specialty plates and help us out at the same time! To learn more, click the image below.